Thursday, September 2, 2010
Pipes continued and mash-up wrap-up
People build all kinds of functionality into these mash ups- like date ranges and stuff. Google badly needs to rip this idea off. They have made something really flexible, even for beginners. Only problem with pipes is that if the source is big you get a crash in the pipe sometimes. It possibly needs some fine tuning. Also, I've found a really good pipe called Library-N-Tech. It basically finds a whole bunch of news, but you can set the date range. I can see that mash ups have actual uses and could be really useful to me. I just need to educate myself, which could be the major barrier. However, using pipes built be others is just as effective. May I just mention that I don't have such a problem with google maps now I've calmed down a little. They are very easy to edit, so they do provide a lot of useful tools. My little problem wasn't really anything I should have worried about as much as I did. The fact that you can set up a map for people to view for, lets say a meeting place is brilliant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't worry David, i had the same heart attack when i first tried using google map. Did you watch the video tutorial provided by Google?
ReplyDelete