This morning, Cam, Vanessa, Sal and I had our first experience with Google wave. Got to say, very impressed by what it offered. Since I was expecting another thing I would never use, but found it was really intuitive. Here's a list of things I liked (in no particular order)
Easy to embed videos from youtube- just paste in the url, click the little lightbulb icon and away you go.
Multiple people working on a post(are they called posts?) at once, or on seperate posts.
Timestamping, timeline function
Google function in the system, able to add links from function
Able to see what someone types while they type it. It basically means you can have an actual conversation.
Easy to use maps, which can be navigated and edited in Wave.
Can see this being useful for group research assignments- just dump all videos, links and comments into the one place. \very cool
I do think Cam was right about the issues with not having it connected with gmail- you had to logged into wave to see if you'd been invited. Sal also mentioned he thought that more people would use it if it had been provided as an extra option on gmail. It would make it easier to get to. Also, it could get laggy if more than one person wrote in the same post at once. If you were writing on multiple posts this wasn't a problem.
It was good fun to see you get so in to it!!! Cam
ReplyDeleteHeh. XD
ReplyDeletewhere was my invite guys? Is it too late to join? :)
ReplyDelete