Saturday, August 21, 2010

Twitter again

Hello all
I have to admit, I've barely used twitter. I guess it's partly my resistance to it and partly being another website for me to visit. I do like the way businesses use it though. Publish offers, stick up jokes to catch public attention, et cetera. For someone like me, both resistant and unfamiliar to Twitter, the main use I see for it is business. I can see that if you were used to it or enjoyed writing it, it would be useful, but for me I just don't let it enter my head space as a communication tool. I loved Wave and I like Google reader, but I think my biggest problem with Twitter is my lack of will to explore it yet.
I didn't seem to find anyone else apart form Cam and the tutor for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, re "I didn't seem to find anyone else apart form Cam and the tutor for some reason." I think the reason is that we post heaps more than anyone else, as a result, the updates you see seem to be dominated by us. One possible solution is to update more, or follow more people (eg other topics you are interested in). There's also a hide/block feature that is available if you feel that I am sabotaging / hijacking the conversation to much. I'd be interested in finding out what you come up with? Cam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's why I only see two/three people? Instant communication problem right there. I know you could hide people, but even so... if it only shows the most regular tweeters it'll cause communication probs.

    ReplyDelete